Monday, June 16, 2008

Sorry for the lack of Updates

Truth be told, when I keep losing money, I don't really feel like talking about it. I've been checking my account less and less now. I usually check it at the end of the day to see if I'm not a big ol' loser again.

It looks like today, things are turning around, but every time I say that, the market crashes and burns and I lose $5. Currently IYM is the only ETF I have that is above my original investment. EFA is my biggest loser, where I have almost $4 less then what I originally started with.

In a couple weeks, my next round of investments go into effect. Like I mentioned in my last post, I'm going the route of Inverse ETFs. It might be be a wise decision in the sense of making money, but it definitely will prevent me from losing money. Once the market grows a little stronger, I'll dump them and invest that money into a bit of a higher risk fund to see if I can make some money a little more aggressively. If it works, I'll reinvest all that into some more stable funds so I don't lose as much as this month.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm looking to create a group of people that want to trade together. Small amounts in big EFTs for the learning experience but also a chance to create wealth. Let me know if you want in. I'll announce it if we have enough folks. See if you can gather others as ourselves.

Thanks,
Tony

P.S. Yeah, market isn't doing all that great but remember that those who stick through the rough and can manage to purches during the tough times see the glory of their effort to stay consistent in the long run. The good thing is that EFTs are funds not actually companies so the diversification is done on a greater broader level.

Don't give in dude, stay the course and keep us posted! You are doing a great job! :D

I'm still here pal!

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way! I'm addicted to checking my investments when things are good, but lately? I don't think I've looked in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

It's funny because I just recently bought some stock for the first time and when it was going up I was always checking it and now it has dropped off quite a bit so I am much more hesitant to look. I like what tony said though. We just have to stick it out and everything will work out.

Anonymous said...

Big Game it is definitely wishful thinking but its best to stay hopeful. You have to learn somehow and beginning is the hardest part. Stick through it, you will learn a few things about trading that are priceless!