Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Manic Depressent Stock Market

I mentioned this a littler yesterday, I figured I'd expand on my thoughts some. The stock market is definitely a crazy little system. One minute its up, the next its down, 10 minutes later its gone up 200 points. The mood swings are driving me insane.

I guess this really doesn't matter much to me since I invest once a month, and can take the money out whenever I feel like it, but it still worries me some. In time, I hope to be able to actually buy/sell stocks weekly, if not daily in some more higher yield, high risk stocks.

The thought of not selling something at the right time and losing thousands of dollars in a matter of minutes gives me a whole new respect for day traders. They go off of gut feelings and past experience and hope they don't sell to early or wait too long. The stock market really doesn't even follow a trend either, making it that much more difficult.

Yesterday, I lost a few cents from the day before. Nothing worth worrying about. At this time, I've made a few dollars and have more then $300 in my account, YAY! Hopefully this continues into Friday so I have a winning first week!

No comments: