Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wow, have you checked out my spreadsheet lately!

You haven't? Well go check it out! I have been playing around with the GoogleFinance function in Google Docs and it's proving to be quite useful. With it, I have been able to monitor my stocks pretty well and know how much i have lost or gained (ok, only lost). This is on a daily basis, weekly basis, and monthly basis... pretty cool huh?

I also put in some charts to graphically represent my portfolio and it's proving to be a bit useful. So go check it out and tell me what you think. If you want to use it, let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jesse, I think you and I should team up man.

Honestly, I love this idea the more and more I read about it. I've also joined a group here at the university where we all pay our dues but they are invested in a way that we all collaboratively decide.

I'm learning a lot and I think that with Sharebuilder and a good team effort we can accomplish a lot more.

I see that you are currently doing okay with the options I suggested a while back. The market isnt looking to well at the moment but I think that the self correction of the Oil industry is going on now and you'll start to see some green if you are invested in a fund that deals with oil.

Also, Natural resources seem to have a nice future. I've heard of a few looking to buy during the pull back before it the market re-inflates again.

Anyways, let me know what you think. I'm interested in using your sheet and would love to work with you. I have not, as of yet, invested money in this way but I'd like for your to tell me how it works again, perhaps in person. If now i'll go and read your past post on it.

Thanks,
Tony Tovar