Tuesday, July 1, 2008

This Month's Investments

Yesterday at the end of the day, I made 3 investments totally $200. I put $50 in AGG, an agricultural ETF that has been doing really well over the past couple months, and it's practically exploded since the flooding in the midwest. Corn should be expensive all summer as well as other crops because so many were lost so this stock looks to be a good investment over the summer months.

I also put $75 into DXD and QID each. These are inverse ETFs that are supposed to double the inverse of the performance of the DOW and NASDAQ respectively. I bought these as insurance more or less. The market has been in a slump especially since oil prices have been rising. Monday and Tuesday the market is strong and then it drops a few hundred points each day on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I'm only going to keep these guys around until the market does a turn around since the problem with these bad boys is they lose when the market does well (like today, argh).

Sharebuilder screwed up my account and charged me $4 per trade even though they were supposed to use the credits left over from last month (well that's what the lady said). I called and they gave me $12 back and put it in my money market. Make sure you check these because they do make mistakes too!

No comments: